Hello! My name is Christina, and I am so glad that you’ve found my blog! I started The Educated Shutter in March 2016 as an outlet for me to connect with other photographers. While I adore my husband, he didn’t understand most of my photography jargon. I craved a community where I could teach others what I know as well as learn and be inspired by other artists.
I want The Educated Shutter to be a forum where we all learn from each other, share with each other, and express our love for this amazing art form. On this blog, you should expect tons of how-tos, tips and tricks, and things that I have learned over the years as a photographer as well as a chance to connect with others who love what you love.
My photography journey started with an obsessive love of Photoshop. That love has given me a portrait photography business that is my life, a new digital background business, and a way to flex my creative muscles.
Some Fun Facts:
- My husband and I are high school sweethearts who officially met in the 7th grade.
- I am a relatively new mother who is just now feeling like I might be getting the hang of my energetic 3-year-old.
- I am a SAHM who sometimes feels like she is going crazy and talking to herself. Lord knows the 3-year-old isn’t listening!
- I am possibly one of the biggest Harry Potter nerds on the planet. Ravenclaw for life!
- I love all things crafts. I have tried my hand at everything including jewelry, making furniture, and cross stitching.
- I am a Nikon junkie. My favorite lens ever is my 50mm. It almost never leaves my camera.
- I have a History Degree.
- I am in love with taking care of the elderly. I have been an Activities Assistant for most of my career.